While no one enters into a business anticipating problems the very nature of people working together means that disputes will arise.
To minimize the impact of disputes and to encourage a culture of openness, harmony at Music Lessons Academy we have developed a dispute resolution process.
The process is based on the following principles.
- be dealt with quickly so as to avoid the seed of discontent
- focus on the issues and not the people involved
- focus on the outcome i.e., a resolution and not the problem
- be win/win and not win/loose
At Music Lessons Academy the process is as follows:
- Identify all the parties involved in the dispute
- Nominate one person to progress the process of dispute resolution forward
- Document the dispute in writing and forward it to all parties directly involved in the dispute
- Convene a meeting with an approved third party within 48 hours of documenting the dispute
- During the meeting develop an action plan that you perceive will resolve the dispute
- Issue the proposed action plan to all parties identified in the dispute
- Offer the other parties involved the opportunity to modify the dispute resolution process
If the above procedure fails to reach a resolution, then the parties are to follow the dispute resolution process described under the Franchise Code of Conduct and complete a “notice of dispute” form.