YOUR CORE BUSINESS
7.1 Core Services
Music Lessons Academy core business services are individual tuition in the following areas:
- Bass Guitar
- Music Theory Lessons
7.2 Lessons and Pricing
The first lesson is considered a trial lesson and so is always half price.
All future lessons are priced accordingly:
- 45-min lesson = $55 per lesson
- 60-min lesson = $75 per lesson
- 90-min lesson = $110 per lesson
7.3 Operating Hours
Music Lessons Academy head office hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm.
Franchise partners typically teacher Monday to Friday in the afternoon and early evenings and on weekends during the day.
Franchise partners will be able to access a personalised franchisee website for their franchised area.
They will also have access to MLA’s custom written Music Workbooks. Franchise partners are able to purchase at wholesale prices the following items from the franchisor
- name tags
- branded bags
7.5 Daily Procedures
On a daily basis all franchise partners are to:
Answering customer or teacher enquiries via email or phone
- Book new students
- Manage cancellations or rescheduling of lessons.
- Record customer payments
- Send receipts
- Post books to new trial students
- Follow up on trial students to book in future lessons
7.6 Weekly Activities
On a weekly basis all franchise partners are to:
- Pay staff
- Follow up outstanding invoices
- Record keeping
- update QuickBooks
- update KPI spreadsheets, etc…
- Local area marketing
- handing out brochures and trial lesson offers at community venues
- Contacting enquiries in the database with half price trial lesson offers
7.7 Monthly Activities
On a monthly basis franchise partner are to:
- Pay royalty fees
- Follow up money owing
- Check stock levels and order as required
- Plan local advertising for the coming month
- Posting free job advertisements
- Visiting school fairs
- Sending KPI and reports to the Franchisor
7.8 Music Workbooks
Music Lessons Academy provide teachers music workbooks to give their students.
Franchise partners will be provided with 5 beginner workbooks for each instrument they teach.
There is one book for every instrument (11 in total), with the exception of Piano which has 5 books (Child’s Book 1, Adult’s Book 1, Book 2, Book 3, Book 4).
They all have different titles depending on the instrument, but most of them are called “Beginners Workbook”
The workbooks are used for all beginner students. If a student comes to MLA with prior experience, they do not require the workbook
Each book costs $4.50 and must be bought in bundles of 10.
The books must be stored in a dry clean space.
When receiving an email from Music Lessons Academy, franchise partners must
- respond within 24 hours, during the weekdays. Include the following wording
- Include this DISCLAIMER
“This transmission and any attachments are confidential and are intended solely for the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this transmission and any attachments is strictly prohibited.
- Include a professional signature on their email which includes
- Franchise partners name
- website address: MusicLessonsAcademy.com.au
- Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail